Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC

Powell,

The comment you made about the CEs don't have the time. That may be true
to a point. I don't doubt that they are busier than they used to be. But
in many cases, they have time to talk to a DXer on the phone. In that
period they could easily write verified on the report and mail it back
in the SASE supplied. Some have even spent their own time and stations
money to phone me back and chew the fat. I think in many cases, the
engineers are not interested in the reports. They just don't care, but
they will not tell you that as it is not good "PR". The engineer today,
is not the engineer of the past. I know of stations that change
engineers and the last engineer was very keen on responding to reports
and the next one will not, even though they have the same number of
stations to take care of. In both cases the CEs are active hams. They
apparently have time to QSL their Ham rigs, but not the radio station.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager