Re: [IRCA] WebTV users...

Patrick Martin wrote:

> Paul,
>
> True, there are Web TV users as myself, but many others don't use
> snippets either. That is not a requirement of either list. The subject
> line pretty well explains the thread. Infact, I think you are the
> first
> to mention this. But if a person follows the thread, then snippets are
> not needed. I never had trouble following a thread on the list. In
> doubt, I can always refer back to an earlier posting anyway, as anyone
> can do.

I think it is impossible for every DXer to follow every thread, so
when an empty E-mail is sent which says "Thanks for the information,
Joe," there is no reference. Since I get I would say 400+ DX-related
E-mails a week, it is very unlikely that I am going to hunt through
them all to find out what Joe is being thanked for. I think we should
send "thank you" E-mails with no other info in them directly to the
person being thanked rather than to the whole list. I think this
would be a very considerate move.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA
12225w 4719n