[IRCA] DX Heaven....

The other half and I are planning on living somewhere cheap and with
low population as retirement slowly draws closer.

We're tending towards far northern Maine as being a place one of us
knows well and being low in population.

Labrador and NF look like fine places to live (Change and Fogo Islands
come to mind) but we don't know what the problems would be with the
Canadian government. We're a middle-aged Anglo-American couple and as
such we'd be pretty unfashionable as potential tenants with the
federal powers that be up there as far as we can tell.

(Of course, she does have a bloodline that tracks back to relatives on
the rez in mid-Quebec, but figuring it all out would be pretty
difficult after three generations spent a lot of time trying very hard
to conceal all indication of Indian blood back in the teens and
twenties because of the troubles it would have caused them....like
having property confiscated, etc...)

Ah man, even so I can't help but wonder what I'd be hearing on the
band towards dusk if I lived on the beach in NF...

Lee