Re: [IRCA] Patrick's DX Heaven

Dennis,

     Thanks for the link to the listing for the 40  acres near the ocean at
Queets, WA, for $119,500.  It sounds like a  real bargain, but as a real estate
broker, I can assure you that there is a  hidden story here.

     If 1,512 people have viewed the listing and  there are no takers yet,
you can safely assume that the property has a serious  issue.  My own guess is
that the Tribal Government has placed severe  restrictions on development of
the parcel, possibly even forbidding  it.  Also, with property taxes of $63 a
year, I would be curious about what  services, if any, the Quinault Nation
provides for my $63 ( fire,  police, roads, etc.)

     After meeting Patrick last month, I have been  watching the listings of
acreage near the ocean, and have discovered that  there are indeed some
bargains to be found, especially when we  are accustomed to $500,000 houses in Puget
Sound... but then again, life is  always a series of compromises, and it
would be tough to move a family to the  beach, simply because of a desire to DX
(as I'm sure you know!).

 73,  Gary