Re: [IRCA] More coax experiments

Patrick,

Methinks you're going to wear your poor coax out from all
the testing.

I would simply advise disconnecting both ends of the coax
and, using a good multimeter, look at the resistance between
the center conductor and the shield. It ought to look to be
open, ideally. But I wouldn't get upset if I saw may 5,000
ohms or more. Less and I would investigate the coax.

When you first bridge the conductors of the coax, you may
see a momentary reading on the multimeter. This is normal
and is just the multimeter's voltage charging the capaci-
tance of the coax.

73 for now,

Cholly