Re: [IRCA] More coax experiments

Rick,

I thought that is what you would say. hi. A metal box eh? I guess I
should look for one. I have used the plastic set ups since 1988 and I
still have heard a lot of great DX. I wonder going to all of this work
is going to really make any difference in what I hear? I know lab tests
and the like do show a difference, but in the real world will be do
anything?  I guess I will try it for the Eastern beverage as I am more
concerned about the directivity of that more than the EWEs. The EWEs
pretty much have the directional pattern they are supposed to have, even
without all of the better coax and a metal box. I can try the Eastern
beverage. If I notice a difference, I can always change the SW EWE set
up. The vertical I don't care much about as I use it mainly for SW. The
WNW EWE has more buried coax and will be harder to change out the coax
there.
   Maybe I can find a small metal box at Radio Shack tomorrow. I can
install a coax fitting on the one side and then a couple banana jax on
the other. Then everything will be shielded The banana jax will be
inside the metal box as well as the coax fitting. At least I can check
out the coax better terminating the end with a cap. That way I can tell
how much the coax is leaking. At least it is a start.
Thanks again.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin