Re: [IRCA] Radio listening when not Dxing

Re: [IRCA] Radio listening when not Dxing

Dennis,

As I have been getting older through the years, I have moved from music
to talk also. I used to listen to talk on KGO, but I would always move
back to a good Top 40 station with a lot of R&B. KSWB Seaside plays a
good mix of oldies now, as well as KITI Chehalis WA. I find myself
listening to many talk shows on KGO, except for Dr. Bill, not a fan of
him. But the rest you mentioned I do listen to. Coast to Coast has
always been fun, depending on the subject. Bob interviewed Art Bell a
couple of times on the phone for articles he did for Radio World. Bruce
Williams I have met at talk show conventions. We went to one in LA I
think it was back in the 90s. Bruce is a very nice person, much like he
is on the air. We sat in on the Tom Leykis show in LA a time or two.
Also visited with him at KOTK-1080 Portland when he was doing his show
on the road.
   Growing up, I was a fan of the Drake sound on stations like "93 KHJ"
and "610 KFRC". Those were the fun days in radio. As music director at
KVAS Astoria, I would drive up to Seattle about once a month to visit
the record reps at ABC Record & Tape Sales, UA, RCA, WB. Gee, those were
fun days. Catching the latest new music on stations like "KJR Seattle,
Channel 95" and  "Colorful KOL".

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager