[IRCA] Radio listening when not Dxing

Fellow Dxers & Radio fans.

When I quit serious Dxing in 1982, I still listened to distant stations especially talk show stations.  One of my favorites was KDWN 720 Las Vegas.  The Stardust line with Lee Peete was great.  3 hours of sports and sports betting.  After this show at 1:00 a.m. Art Bell show came on and it was just News talk programming.  The show took off when he when to UFO and other off beat topics.  Also used to listen to KFI when Mr. KFI had his program.  Was upset when he was let go and some guy named Phil Hendrie took over the time slot.  Soon became a fan of Phil Hendrie.  Enjoy the line up at KGO 810.  Ray Taliaferro, Dr. Bill, Ronn Owens, Gene Burns, Karel, Bernie Ward.  Locally I like KEX because of the 24 hr local news.  They actually have a person in the News room 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I enjoyed listening to Bruce Williams, but the only station that I can get him on is KOFI 1180 in Montanna and KEX causes some splatter and makes the show difficult to listen to.  It been great
reading the postings about talk show programming and other programs that you guys have written about.

Dennis,
Vancouver, WA