Re: [IRCA] A idea for future DX Tests.....

Re: [IRCA] A idea for future DX Tests.....

Charles,

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. For the record, what do you
consider "special effects"? In the 1970's or 1980's, receivers
with IF DSP would have seemed like magic.

Phasing wasn't very popular either...is that cheating? Maybe those
fancy antenna designs like EWE's, or Flags shouldn't be allowed.

How about dxing in USB or LSB mode? Does that count? After all the
stations broadcast in AM---so maybe only loggings in AM mode count.

Since most stations don't transmit Morse code or sweep tones, maybe
that shouldn't be allowed either...

In my book, despite being 45 years old, tradition is the poorest excuse
of all for doing things the same way. Maybe I should have stuck to writing
letters to stations asking for DX tests and getting a return rate of about
5%.
After all, that's the way we always did it before.

And I can almost bet that your station count is much higher than mine will
ever be. I think I've logged about 600 stations in nearly five years. Not
too impressive, huh? A big part of the reason is that most of my hobby
time is consumed with organizing DX tests, replying to QSL requests,
and trying to figure out ways to make the whole experience better.

Anyone who thinks I'm in this for logging totals isn't seeing the big
picture.

73,