[IRCA] 1610 DF

Wonderful! Thank you! I hoped somebody would map all the bearings.
Interesting how they are clustering in 2 nodes, NJ and DC.

My location is Waynesburg, PA, in the SW corner of PA near the WV line, at
39:53:55N 80:11:09W.

DF using Sony 7600GR and a decent hand compass, I get a bearing of 100 deg
East (a line roughly thru Baltimore & Dover). BUT that bearing is magnetic,
so my true north here is 9 deg W declination. So adjusting...how does that
work...I think subtract 9 deg? So the true bearing is 91 deg, right?  Which
means a line from me thru Wilmington, DE -- right in the middle between the
2 nodes you have mapped so far. You're right, this is fun!

The 1610 sig is tough to null here--it's a powerhouse. I had to null it
during a rare fade.

On FRI, I'll take radio & compass to work w/me, when I'll have a weak
groundwave signal, which should DF w/much greater precision. That reading
will be from Morgantown in northern WV, ~ 22 mis SE of home. I'll email you
the bearing, the lat/long from topo map, and current mag declination will be
same, ~ 9 degrees W.

Fred Schroyer
Freelance Science Writer / Editorial Consultant
955 Sixth Street - Waynesburg, PA 15370
(40 air mis S of Pittsburgh - 20 air mis N of Morgantown, WV)
Home 724-627-8844 - Work 304-599-7830 x 1120
freditor@xxxxxxxxxx