Re: [IRCA] Prediction on the 1610 mystery station

Re: [IRCA] Prediction on the 1610 mystery station

Hi KAZ-
Sorry no can do. My 149' long wire is a little had to rotate. But, I am
almost blind and don't drive. Tennessee thought it best that they take my
licensee away from me.

BUT, I did go out to the truck and listened to see what was on the radio. It
isn't as strong as on my long wire and Drake R-4C.

Seriously, I checked 1610 at 1400 again at 1530 and at 1600 local time and
the signal is always S9+20, with almost _NO_ QSB. Some wrote it could be at
Kintronics(?) which is up north of me at Bristol,TN. Could be?

At 2130 I found new batteries for my AM,FM,tape player portable radio. By
DFing it I have it at 060/240. That is VERY ruff estimate.  That makes a
line from my QTH to around Norfolk, VA. [BTW, it is also the same direction
that my long wire is running. ]

BUT, I wonder why am getting such a strong signal 24 hours a day, when
Chris, over near Greenville, SC says it fades in the day time??

Willis
Old Fort, TN