Re: [IRCA] [Amdx] FW: Tabletop Receivers

Re: [IRCA] [Amdx] FW: Tabletop Receivers

AOR 7030+ is the best rx I have ever used. That being said, it is only very
slightly superior to my R8A and R8B in that it is a bit better next to very
strong locals and a bit harder to overload. Audio is very nice, and the set
is very low noise. However, I tend to prefer, somewhat, the noise blanker on
the Drakes.

I don't use the AOR now, since I need to get an encoder fixed.

I have never used nor even seen a HF-1000 or it's new cousins. I have had
chances to get several of them ,but all fell thru and I decided to not
pursue one until I am certain night IBOC won't be approved. I missed the
NFLD DXped where George Hakiel's HF-1000 outperformed everything else there
when it came to readable audio on weak early TA's. like Yemen on 760 etc
etc.

The AOR is a very handy size to travel with but with needed options like
noise blanker is like to run at least $2000 now. I paid considerably less
several years ago.

73 KAZ