[IRCA] passports & Nova Scotia OT

as I understand it, the passport requirement is for people entering the US -- after 31/12/06, entering via air or sea (but not ferry), one needs a valid passport.  One year later, all travellers need one.  Canadian link for this info is:

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency/whti-ivho/menu-e.html

One of the objections Canada has is that the US has a low proportion of its citizens who have passports; therefore, travel ($$) to Canada will likely suffer

As to Nova Scotia, I am very fond of Cape Breton; also Halifax is a nice place to wander around in.  (A co-worker went on a tour of the Alexander Keith 'brewery' and declared it the biggest ripoff she had ever seen

ef