Re: [IRCA] 1700 WJCC and FCC DB

It may be possible that there is some legal action pending before the FCC.  In that case, they may be allowed to continue broadcasting until there is resolution in the matter.  I've seen it before.

"W. Curt Deegan" <WWWR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1700 WJCC Miami Springs, Florida, continues to broadcast daily after returning to the air as was reported on 6/6/6 by Tony Simon.  WJCC had been off air as I reported on 2/26/6, and presumed gone forever.  Scott Fybush suggested this was part of the X-band license relinquishments.  Now they're back all day and though not hearable here, possibly all night, with no signs of an FCC license.

A check of the FCC AMQ DB returns nothing, but searching for DWJCC in the General Reports, turns up an entry I don't know how to square with the existing situation:

Online License Data
Callsign: DWJCC         Service: AM     Facility ID: 87169
Party Name: MULTICULTURAL RADIO BROADCASTING LICENSEE, LLC
Company:
Address: 449 BROADWAY   City, ST, Zip: NEW YORK, NY 10013
Community of License State: FL  City: MIAMI SPRINGS
License Expiration Date: 2/1/2012 Status: LICAN Status Date: 2/23/2006
Facility Address: 8400 N.W. 52ND ST.    SUITE 101
City, ST, Zip: MIAMI, FL 33176 Country: US
Channel: Frequency: 00001700.00000000   Facility Type:  Station Type: M

As I understand it, DWJCC means the license has been deleted.  As can be seen though, the expiration date, status, and status date would seem to indicate the license is still potentially valid.  Of course these entries may just be left as they last were when the license was deleted.

That still doesn't explain why the station is back on the air.  I have read of a legal effort to reinstate some of the relinquished X-band licenses, could this be a premature move back on air as part of that action?  Is it possible the originally licensed owners are not behind this latest reincarnation of WJCC?

1210 WNMA Miami Springs, also operated by Multicultural Radio Broadcasting, is not // 1700.  The format of 1210 is Spanish Talk, while 1700 WJCC has been broadcasting a very pleasant mix of English and Spanish music with little else besides station IDs.  Prior to leaving the air on 2/26/6, WJCC was // 1580 WSRF Fort Lauderdale, with its Caribbean format.  And prior to that time of // operations, WSRF had been off the air for an extended period before returning 2/3/6, after the hurricane Wilma caused outage that began 10/24/05.  Now, 1700 is not // 1580, nor as I say, 1210.

All rather confusing, but strangely interesting as the stations do their programming dance.

Curt
-------
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (southeast) Florida