Re: [IRCA] Great Scott!! KGO 810 is testing IBOC!!!

Re: [IRCA] Great Scott!! KGO 810 is testing IBOC!!!

> I was in a Best Buy locally last week.  I made a point of tracking
> down a sales rep and asking about HD Radio.  After I told him I worked
> in radio, and said I was merely curious about overall sales, he said
> they had never sold one.  He was familiar with it, which was good.
> The only radio that they had was an "HD Ready" Kenwood.  They didn't stock
the adapter, however.

I probably should be interested in HD Radio because it's a way for me to get
programming that isn't available in this market. For example, WDAF-FM now
has an HD feed of smooth jazz. But I can listen to Internet smooth jazz
stations for free on my PC and my cell phone. If my car radio had Bluetooth,
then I could stream those stations to my phone and then on to my car radio.
So in my case, HD doesn't give me much that I can't already get via the
Internet.