[IRCA] IBOC hiss clip on WCBM

The URL below is an audio clip of WCBM with IBOC hiss from WSCR at
0500 1 April 2006.  It is the "cleanest" I could get the signal in a
double sideband mode. Even in this relatively clean reception, the
IBOC hiss is clearly audible.  It is possible to tune the radio so
the hiss is even worse.  The interference was even worse on the two
other radios in my house that I tried, so my Drake R8B can not be
blamed.   I can clean up most of the hiss in the LSB or AMSL modes.
However, most radios don't have that facility.

Bill Harms

http://dxclips.philcobill.com/00680-20060401-0500-WCBM-w-WSCR-IBOC-
QRM.mp3