Re: [IRCA] WSCR IBOC ruining reception of local WCBM

Re: [IRCA] WSCR IBOC ruining reception of local WCBM

Bob,

I hate to admit it, but (I bite my tongue, to think about it), you may
be right. The thought of IBOC going 24/7 might be closer than we think.
Or at least experimenting with it. But if this is any example of it,
wiping out stations 1000 miles away at night on nearby frequencies, it
looks like the future (if adopted), looks very bad for QRM and plenty of
it. I just don't see how this will ever work. Fiqure 80 or 90 of these
IBOC signals across the dial at night. Dozens of stations will lose
their coverage area. Are they going to just put up with it? I don't see
that happening, especially if it is in their grade A area where they
sell. Sometimes I think this is just a bad dream and we will all wake up
in time and it will be over. But time will tell. But I hope stations
that are QRMed  yell loud and long, call their lawyers, whatever.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.