Re: [IRCA] BOG wire

Dennis,

You're missing the point, at least partially. If the fence is metallic and
has no gaps/breaks in its length, then it's going to dominate the wire run
parallel to it. In that case, connect to the fence.

If the fence is wire on wood posts, it probably has gaps at property lines
and a wire run parallel to it is going to couple to each section for
heaven's knows what kind of pattern.

You can bridge gaps between segments of a non-continuous fence (doing it at
night...otherwise everyone is going to be out there wondering what you're
up to) and then the fence will be continuous. See what I mean?

Now if I were you and I could roll out the wire quickly, I guess I'd try it
anyway keeping in mind all the above. And see what happens.

And I sure want to know what happens.

I've got a woods on one of our property line and I ran a 700-foot wire thru
the woods. Boy, oh boy. That thing really was directional!
I can run a wire diagonally thru' the woods (nevermind what the heck
"diagonally thru the woods" MEANS). More than 1,000 feet. I
cannot easily do it myself, but I can bribe my grandson to do it. In fact,
I'm already getting excited about the idea.

In any case, Ski, let us know what happens.

At 10:04 PM 3/5/2006, you wrote:

>Charles,
>
>Thank you for your idea of placing the wire on top of the fence with
>insulators.  The only problem is that the fence was put up by the
>contractor who built the house and it runs between the street and the
>backyard of 14 houses.  The reason for small wire was to conceal it on the
>small strip of bark dust between the fence and the sidewalk.  Could buy
>some 22 guage bell wire and get it in the color brown to match the bark
>dust.  That way kids walking down the side walk might not see it and pull
>it apart.  I have a wind up reel that was used for a extension power cord
>for used with weedeaters and such.  Wind the bell wire on that and reel it
>out one night on a trial basis.  It could also be used on trips to the
>coast.  I have a bunch of white electric fence spikes that are about 2
>foot high, that might work good for stringing the wire for portable
>use.  Thanks of the ideas members.
>
>Dennis Vroom
>Vancouver, WA

>Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.