Re: [IRCA] 850 KICY Nome AK

Aw Man!  KICY..I'd love to hear them again but my narsty buzz is brutal
beaming toward Alaska.  Back in 65 with a $20 Plata portable I heard
KICY with booming signal after KOA went off at 11pm PST.  Even dug out
Langley Prarie BC eventually.  I couldn't believe the strength of the
signal from KICY, and this was regular for years until KOA gave up their
silent period.  Also easily caught KINY-800 Juneau, KFQD-750 Anchorage,
KFAR-660-Fairbanks on that Plata between 10/31 & 12/31 1965.  The next
year on a HQ-140X I added KSRM-920-Soldatna, KFRB-900-Fairbanks &
KJNP-North Pole....

Anyway Doug, great catch........

don k.