Re: [IRCA] SRS DX to the west coast from IL, the greatest show on earth

When you say "I've learned to wait for stuff a few hundred miles west to fade and allow stuff near the west coast to come in" do you mean after your local sunrise, as the daylight makes them fade?

Mark Pettifor
Goshen IN en71ao

On 2018-10-20 10:56 pm, Neil Kazaross wrote:
I've always felt that Oct. is about the best month to DX and things haven't
disappointed recently.
I've learned to wait for stuff a few hundred miles west to fade and allow stuff near the west coast to come in. Of course recording with the Perseus
is magical, and the DKAZ still seems to be a stunning antenna.

New this morning, 750 KXTG OR with local lumber yard ad. 980 KFWB CA with ranchera and finally "La Mera Mera". New audio from Australia as 3RN 621 and 5AN 891 finally managed to push some DU accented/inflected audio past
local adjacent slop machines. 610 had rlg mx coming thru KONA WA and it
seemed the same as I could dredge up thru the QRM on 920 (usually KVEL UT).
Are all Family Radio stns //? (Hoping for KEAR...no sign of needed BC)

New over the past couple days. 580 KIDO ID, 590 KQNT WA, 590 KGLE MT (nice
ID today)
Audio on 1674 from Australia clearly not English. PAL lists Melbourne as
only thing I could possibly get. 980 CKNW BC also new.

Fun stuff, 840  KMPH CA IDed and bothered in LSB by 837 4RK which was
logged again by //.
600 KOGO CA. 1020 KTNQ CA good. 870 KLSQ NV loud! 570 KVI WA. etc etc.

73 KAZ Barrington IL EN52we