Re: [IRCA] SRS DX to the west coast from IL, the greatest show on earth

Yes, Mark the closer western stuff is typically fading somewhat by my LSR
or slightly after or even a bit prior. Things didn't seem as good this
morning for domestics and the far west faded earlier, although big gun
Aussies hung in there to at least 1220 with 612 and 594 being rather nice
as can copy some words she was saying. 702 and 738 were in a bit prior and
1548 noted in slop and I expect I can pull some audio out of the many
carriers in.  On peaks about 1205 I caught some talking in slop from Tonga
on 1017. Hopefully I can find 5 dB more from it and make a nice recording.
All this noted while DXing live in my DX truck (nice 22F this morning)
while recording parked about 40-50 ft east of my house. I run a 100 ft
extension cord to power the FLG100LN.

My sometimes finicky laptop cost me 1200 ID's but DX is usually  better
after that now, due to pest fading, and many mornings stations run local
stuff at this time, and/or when they come out of hourly nx there's wx and
local ads and if not an ID I can still tell what I have.

Ideally I'd like to start recording this time of the year about 1157-8 as
stations have often ended their talk and sports pgms and are into ads, some
local, some national. As an example yesterday 1157-8 KXTG 750 had a local
lumber yard coming thru CJKH. Milwaukee and Vancouver ments and the address
in Portland matches so no doubt. This faded and them semi-local WNDZ came
on a few secs after 1200 killing the channel for DX except for CJKH.

73 KAZ