[IRCA] A Modest Proposal - for list sanity

[IRCA] A Modest Proposal - for list sanity

I really do wish that the e-lists were broken down not
by club but by general topic area.

If only more of us contributed to (and received)
dxtip@xxxxxxxxxxx, then we'd have a truly effective
list that is reserved solely for DX tips. Poeple who
didn't want banter about IBOC, cheaters, or my
grandfather's moustache would have a list that suited
their purely-DX needs. Far as I know, NRC plans to
keep this list.

Then there should be one list for discussion directly
pertaining to DX. Antennae. IBOC. Cheaters, recent DX
logs, whatever. But the one rule: DX must be clearly
DX related and not broadcast industry related. In
other words, a DXer reports hearing IBOC on 1240,
interfering with 1250, a little late than it should
be.

The third list would be about broadcast industry
issues, and distinct from the DX discussion list. This
is where thise of us who want to whine about IBOC, or
organize to crush it, or support it, or whatever, can
post.

Three AM lists. No cross-posting allowed. No more need
to receive three duplicate messages from Saul Chernos
or anyone else. And no need to get the kinds of
messages one doesn't want. The people on List #3 can
get as down and dirty as they wish (avoiding libel and
true nastiness, preferably, but open and honest
feelings should be accepted, even if a bit harsh)
because that list will invariably deal with industry
issues, which are highly political and trigger the ol'
blood pressure in some of us.

We already have the tip service courtesy of NRC. I
encourage all of you who DX to subscribe to this, and
to contribute, and therefore eliminate the need to do
it on all the other lists.

I wish I had servers to handle lists 2 and 3, because
I'd set these up in a flash.

Saul Chernos