Re: [IRCA] XEMVS-820

Still no trace of KUTR here, and (presumed) XEMVS is sporadically very
strong (their signal at 3am the other night sounded like about 10kW).
I'll need to try for KUTR at Utah sunrise before the IBOC hash ruins
this channel.  The 830 in LA has the worst IBOC hash I've ever heard.
Of course they had a big fat obnoxiously sloppy signal even before
IBOC.

I'm looking forward to some quality DX time in BC and Alberta next
month (Johnston Canyon and Jasper, AB; Trail, Kelowna, Rogers Pass,
Radium Hot Springs, and Fernie, BC plus one night in Spokane, WA).  I
hope to ship the Kiwa Loop like I did on the Alaska trip in 03.  With
the AM band being so clear in Canada, a stronger antenna should be
just the ticket (on my previous trips I usually just had the Kiwa
pocket loop, though in 87 and 88 I suppose I must have had the old
Radio West loop).  I wonder what the midday conditions are like at the
top of the Banff or Lake Louise gondolas?  I enjoyed the reception at
the top of Pike's Peak in Colorado last year, and there I just had the
pocket loop (and only 20 minutes to do a bandscan!).

73, Tim Hall
Chula Vista, CA

P.S.  Nigel, has the Elko, NV weather station on 1610 been making it
up your way lately?