Re: [IRCA] XEMVS-820

Their signal used to be pretty clear in Northern California, and dried up sometime in 2003 (maybe '04).  Just last week, they started blasting again.  In the past, they had usually played some pretty good album rock music...not anymore.  It stands to reason that as soon as a station comes on that I want to log, their competition starts feeding the transmitter squirrels again.

Mike Hawkins

Tim Hall <timhall1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Seems to be them. The signal was huge last night. 73, Tim

On 4/11/05, Albert Lehr wrote:
> XEMVS-820 Mexicali doesn't show up very often lately, but I think I
> had them at 0119 PDT/0819 UTC 04/11/05 with Romantica type music.
> Can anyone confirm that "ABC Radio" (in Spanish) is the slogan now
> being used by XEMVS?
>
> Albert Lehr - Livermore, CA
>
> Allied A-2515 receiver
> Homebrew external sync detector, frequency measurement system
> Two 35 ft. Ewe antennas at 218 and 293 degrees, 2 ft. loop

Do you Yahoo!?
Make Yahoo! your home page