[IRCA] Autacity, MP3, and QSLs

I ran it through again and adjusted the recording volume down and the audio quality is not too bad as the morse code came through as well as the sweep tones. I re-sent the report out using a mp3 and I cc to myself and the mp3 came through fine in playing it. So it looks like I finally got my report sent off. Thanks to everyone for their help. The problem I have is I only have a mic input with this computer. I have not checked my Toshiba laptop, but at least something works. This may be the future of QSL's. In fact, I might even get to like this. I have been so disappointed in the past few years that the QSL rates have really dropped. I always used e mail reports as a last resort, but with some stations telling me letterhead it hard to find. Many snail-mail QSLs I have gotten in recent years have been a note or regular typing paper.  One good thing on e mail reports is there are to envelopes or paper to use, or postage. With the 3,000+ MW QSLs I have plus another 600-700 FM,TV, & SW QSL's, the amount of $$$ I have spent over 50 years at it. My first two QSLs go back to Feb 1965 (KFBK-1530, KPAY-1060-Chico CA). But all hobbies take money and I have very much enjoyed mine. I remember well the conversations on the phone and letters Ernie Cooper and I wrote, we felt the same way. It is nice to sit and look through the collection as each QSL has a story to tell. A lot of history in over 50 years.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager