[IRCA] Radio Memories in danger this week

March 31 2015

Keep us out of danger this week
_______________________________

Hello...do you have a favorite radio memory? Did you know that as each year goes past, more memorabilia is lost and destroyed, and memories grow weaker?

Here at the Radio Heritage Foundation we've made it our mission for 10 years now to keep radio memories safe.

It's a big project, and we've scored some successes. Over 350 stories now feature on our website www.radioheritage.net along with radio station guides to popular listening countries Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii as well as countless facts and figures to keep people occupied for hours............and that's just at our website and barely scratches the surface.

You see, the real work is what you can't see. Saving, finding, and collecting genuine radio memorabilia...thousands of letters, cards, car stickers, photos, hours of audio and video...storing them, and a handful of volunteers slowly sorting them out so we can share them with everyone worldwide for free.

We've started our 10th year with a new web server to host our website, and our emails, introduced a new email management system, and started moving our website content to a new system so that our site will look much fresher and easier to find content, and started testing our our new database system which will ultimately save and present many thousands of items of memorabilia.

But the project is in danger this week. On April 1 we begin a new financial year, but it looks like we'll be a long way behind in paying our office bills for storage and other operational costs. In fact, $4,500 or so behind.

Loyal supporters have found 78% of the budget this last financial year, but it's not enough. We began the year about $4,500 down also, so we've been on the back foot all year long.

You know, we get no government funding or grants from the radio industry. It's just ordinary folks who gift some dollars here and there as they can afford to because they like what we do and want to help keep the memories alive. We name them all on our Roll of Honor, have a look at it on www.radioheritage.net and you'll see that we touch people all over the world.

If you can help us with a gift towards our project, you'll help us reduce that $4,500 shortfall...and most importantly, do something practical to keep radio memories safe.

On behalf of the Radio Heritage Foundation volunteers, supporters and radio memories, thank you for keeping us out of danger this week. You can make a gift today at www.radioheritage.net and we will acknowledge you with our heartfelt thanks.

Email us to unsubscribe from our mailing list and please allow 5 working days. We'll be sad, however, to see you go.

PS...See our latest stories from Denmark and South Africa, use our just updated PAL Pacific Asian Listeners Radio Guide, use our Australian, New Zealand and Hawaiian radio guides and enjoy the radio memories we continue to share for 10 years at www.radioheritage.net... and please keep us out of danger this week with a gift towards our $4,500 shortfall in funding the project....we want to add you to our Roll of Honor!