Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Fwd: End of MexicoRadioTV website announced

Very disappointing news, BUT...if Fred's website is indeed winding down, then I would strongly suggest to all DXers to do as I did a while back (thanks to a great tip from DXer Tim Tromp in Michigan!) and head over to http://mwlist.org.  It's not a listserver and it doesn't cost anything to sign up.  You just need an ID and a password and you'll have access to what is a very detailed database of LW, MW, and SW stations in the world, including some that are now silent.  73,Rick DauSouth Omaha, Nebraska EN21afhttp://mwlist.orghttp://www.dxworld.com/bcblog.html
To: ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 21:32:20 -0600
Subject: [ABDX] Fwd: [IRCA] End of MexicoRadioTV website announced

Sincerely,

Todd Skaine

Woodbury, MN

Sony ICF 2010

Superradio 2

Grundig S350 &M400

Toyota car radio
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Russ Nelson" <ae5nn@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Feb 5, 2015 9:22 PM
Subject: [IRCA] End of MexicoRadioTV website announced
To:  <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Fred Cantu, a local radio-TV personality here in Austin, Texas, has maintained a web site which lists all AM radio stations in Mexico for as long as I can remember.  Yesterday he posted on his Facebook page that he will no longer be able to maintain this site.

(Facebook url: https://www.facebook.com/mexicoradiotv?fref=nf Like much of the site, it is in Spanish, but it's meant for listening to Mexican AM stations, so some knowledge of Spanish is assumed.)

Fred asks is there is anyone (or any group) that might be interested in taking over the maintenance of this resource.  I have found it valuable, since I live closer to two Mexican states than to any other US state.  From Austin, at least these days, AM radio is probably two-thirds in Spanish, and Fred's site has been a great help.

I thought I'd announce this end of an era to IRCA, in the off-chance that somebody might be interested in following in Fred's shoes.

Russ Nelson

Austin, Texas

---

    __._,_.___