Re: [IRCA] Daytime DX

It really depends on the time of year, Les.  Daytime cx will always be enhanced during the winter, especially if really cold temps and/or a good bit of snow cover is involved.  At this location, my most distant regular daytime catch, at 450 miles, is KFYR-550 in Bismarck, ND, which I can get when I null out KFRM in Salina, KS.  That's one I can count on 365 days a year.  During the winter, it's not been uncommon for me to get Oklahoma City on 1520 in the middle of the day.  My best daytime catch, however, was made on my parents' southwest Iowa farm, which is about 20 miles due east of my current location.  That happened on Jan. 29, 1990, in the form of KKOB-770 in Albuquerque, roughly 750 miles away and heard at high noon Central Time.  And what made it all the more special is that I was able to get a QSL for that reception.  :)  73,Rick DauSouth Omaha, Nebraska