 From: Dave Marthouse <dmarthouse@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] article on IBOC

    I am about 250 miles give or take from WBT's transmitter.  I heard
them switch from analog to digital on the Saturday morning of the test
weekend.  When the digital started I checked adjacent frequencies and didn't
hear any digital hash.  I am going to assume that the digital signal was
confined to the standard 10KC channel when it was on the main channel during
the test.  The sky wave signal wasn't that great at the time.  I admit this
is strictly anecdotal and no measuring instruments were used other than my
ears.  I couldn't decode the digital signal as I have no IBOC receiving
equipment.

If eventually broadcasting does go all digital it would make more sense to
me to put it on the main channel and scrap analog but do this after a long
sun set period for the analog technology.

Dave Marthouse
dmarthouse@xxxxxxxxx