Re: [IRCA] article on IBOC

Karl,

How is NPR involved with IBOC? It seems that many NPR stations adopted
IBOC. Fortunately many stations have dropped IBOC. But as you said, the
companies that have an interest in iBigiuity will be less likely to drop
it anytime soon.  Fortunately there is very few IBOCers on MW in the NW.
Some in CA, but not like in the East. Probably the worst offender in
IBOC noise is KSL here a night. They are a powerhouse.
  Few people have digital receivers. I know of a few engineers and
DXers, but not many. I have mentioned AM Digital receivers to many
people through the years and hardly anyone knows what I am talking
about. It just never caught on and it never will. The FCC was sold a
bill of goods to get this passed and then we end up with legal jamming.
I have no idea if going to all IBOC would stop the noise or make it
worse. Could anyone tell if the IBOC noise was less during the WBT
testing?

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin