[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK August 9-15, 2013

[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK August 9-15, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

These logs are in four sexions, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,
unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 1020, August 8 at 2025 UT on caradio, the only anomaly is that KOKP Perry is off the air again (totally, not just open carrier); while sibling stations 1580 and 105.1 are // and nominal. Why does this keep happening? Touchy transmitter and someone has to get around to going out to the unmanned site and reset it? {Still off in the nightmiddle around 0530 UT August 9, very welcome absence of its silly sportstalk, but too much storm noise to DX KDKA or anything else} (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==========================

** U S A [and non]. 670, August 15 at 0601 UT, as I null WSCR I am getting not only Cuba, but another English-speaking sportstalk station; 0604 YL refers to ```the mothership``, and CBS Sports Radio. First checked KBOI schedule in case it`s out of whack, but not. Then affiliate list
http://radio.cbssports.com/stations/
leads right to KWXI Glenwood AR, which is supposed to be a 5 kW daytimer! And the only CBSSR affiliate on 670 besides WSCR itself, but which had different programming.

Then checking FCC AM Query, no hit on KWXI! That`s because the call changed Feb 1, 2013, as we then find by searching 670 and AR: Now it`s KHGZ --- but it is still licensed as 5 kW daytime *only*, non-direxional. They do have a PSRA ranging from 1 watt in the winter to 500 watts in the summer; and a PSSA ranging from 1 to 3 watts, depending on the time in the evening, yearound --- but of course that has nothing at all to do with being on the air at 1 am local!

It`s not the first time I have caught KWXI cheating. Previously logged Oct 5, 2012 at 0544 UT in similar situation with definite ID. ``KWXI`` should be a desirable pronounceable call ``Quicksy``; wonder if they sold it off to some other station? Anyhow, inapplicable to any current AM or FM station.

BTW, without KWXI/KHGZ getting in the way, WSCR and CMBA used to be precisely zero-beat, never a SAH nulling one or the other, but lately they have been SAHing each other (WRTH shows 13 Rebelde transmitters on 670, two of which are 50 kW; surely not all of them are zero-beat) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, August 12 at 1151 UT, ``KLA News Report``, i.e. from the Kansas Livestock Association, not a radio station, just a segment on my semi-local KLEY Wellington (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [and non?]. 1500, August 12 at 1143 UT, Mexican music catches my ear looping NE/SW, but soon loses out to a CBS News update, mixed with local ads, 1145 Osgood, then local weather relaying NWS robot concerning Palesteen, Red River, northeast North Texas, K-Jim ID in passing, i.e. KJIM Sherman TX.

As for the Mexican, two other Texans on 1500 are SS per last year`s NRC AM Log, plus some further afield in AL, IL, altho I would prefer the only likely one in Cantú,
1500 XEJQ La Explosiva Parras de la Fuente, Coah. 400 D
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1590, Aug 12 at 0558 UT, C2CAM outro and then dead air until almost 0600 when KVGB ID as ``Voice of the Golden Belt, Great Bend``, into ABC news. So GB has a double-meaning. I can`t find Golden Belt mentioned on their incomplete website, http://www.kvgbam.com/ where ``Talk of the Town`` is the rather unspecific slogan, but Googling indicates that ``Golden Belt`` is the local-area sobriquet, applied to a cinema, etc. Does golden allude to canola, or what? Surely not Au (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)