[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK August 2-8, 2013

[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK August 2-8, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT`]. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; or Sony SRF-59 as specified; Nissan stock caradio as specified; FRG-7 as specified

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

These logs are in four sexions, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA, unidentified, separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 960, August 6 at 1151 UT two YLs with OKC news of the day, mentions to stay tuned at 7 for CBS This Morning --- so KGWA Enid must be picking up the soundtrack of KWTV-39 now before their own morning-man ``J. Curtis Huckleberry`` takes over at 1200+ weekdays (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1000, August 6 at 0600 UT as I am trying to catch an ID from KKIM Albuquerque running day power at night [see USA] and QRMing KTOK, all I hear instead is a KTOK ID as also carried on KXXY-96.1 FM HD2, a new development? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1020, August 4 before and after 1200 UT, KOKP Perry is off the air, ceding frequency to Mexican music, no doubt KMMQ in Nebraska (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1020, August 5 at 1214 UT, KOKP Perry is still/again off the air, and no Plattsmouth audible either, but back at 1550 check (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==========================

** U S A. 660, August 3 at 0600 UT, ``NBC News Radio`` frequent IDs in correspondent tags; this is the network for the least possible news on the hour! Don`t usually hear any such and suspect it`s KTNN Window Rock AZ; 0602 Home Depot ad and another one seemingly local but whose name I can`t recognize; quickly confirmed at 0603 by English ID as ``KTNN, AM 660, Window Rock and --- [something] Springs``, right into Dineh chanting you don`t hear on any other clear channel station. They habitually append another town to the ID somewhere on the Navajo Res, er, Nation. CCI from another English-speaker at a different angle, probably KSKY. Suspect KTNN night-direxional is out of whack or being ignored, unprotecting WFAN in almost the same direxion as Enid. Look forward to hearing KTNN more around sunrise as we get closer to fall, when legally on nondirexional day pattern (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1000, August 6 at 0554 UT, gospel rock/praise music is QRMing KTOK OKC [see also OKLAHOMA], dominant with KTOK nulled, and making 68/minute slow SAH with it (1.13 Hz). Could not catch an ID at 0600 but then into ``The Lord`s Prayer`` by soprano to usual hymn tune, 0602 on to preaching. I`ve also been hearing this a lot lately other nights. From previous behavior, I`m quite sure this is KKIM Albuquerque, e.g. my report 7+ months ago:

``1000, Dec 29 at 0622 UT, preacher in English in KTOK OKC null; or rather, I have to null this to hear KTOK. No doubt it`s KKIM in Albuquerque NM again, 10 kW non-direxional day pattern rather than 38 watts at night! Making heavy slow SAH of 77/minute = 1.3 Hz`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1110, August 4 at 1210 UT, Qur`an audible with KFAB nulled, poor and fading; presumably KVTT Mineral Wells TX. We are certainly multi-cultural, but it still seems a bit odd to be hearing such on MW instead of SW. {KVTT calls originally belonged to a Christian station on FM --- o well, what`s the difference: they`re all Abrahamists, bookish people} (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1260, August 6 at 1207 UT, about flooding at Fort Leonard Wood and Waynesville, from KSGF News, ID in passing, i.e. Springfield MO, also situated on I-44 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1270, August 4 at 1221 UT, Univisión Radio, signal peaking clearly audiblizing IBOC noise above and below, bothering 1260 and 1280 stations, i.e. KFLC Fort Worth TX; 1223 ID only as ``Univisión América, 12-70 AM``, romantic music (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1270, August 5 at 1217 UT, KFLC Fort Worth TX, traffic report in Spanish mentions Árlington, non-ID as ``Univisión América 12-70``, immediately followed by ad for something on Telemundo, its huge rival on TV! Then aprender-inglés ad by Rosetta Stone, as if we are not deluged with too many RS ads already on TV featuring native speakers who can barely manage pretty-good English (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1300, August 4 at 1231, ``Sportstalk AM 1300, The Zone, live from Austin``, then `Sunday Sportsman` show about bass fishing; KVET Austin TX (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1370, August 4 at 1220 UT, ad from someone in the Austin area with an 800 number, so must be KJCE officially in Rollingwood TX, address in Austin (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1430, August 6 at 1210 UT, I must pause here as ``Put the Lime in the Coconut`` by Harry Nilsson is playing, 1212 ID for KZQZ. Here`s a low-res and noisy but amusing 1971y version,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbgv8PkO9eo
perhaps inspired by the Nairobi Trio of Kovács Ernö.

KZQZ occupies what was originally WIL in St Louis MO: why would anyone give up such a neat legacy call for something so unpronounceable? Yet I`d much rather hear this than stupid sports talk from KTBZ Tulsa, which this now 50 kW station easily overrides before sunrise skip outfades. KTBZ aims mostly south, and KZQZ mostly north; and would you believe there are two other MO stations on 1430, 500 watts each? I wonder how they are coping with the enhanced radiation from the east side (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, Sunday August 4 at 1214 UT, outro of Frank & Ernest show with 1-800-254-DAWN. This is not a comic strip, but some preachers, apparently a JW offshoot; sketchy info about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_and_Ernest_%28broadcast%29

1215 ID for KBXD, Dallas, and into Elder Jacob O. Meyer`s `Sacred Name Broadcast` from the Assemblies of Yahweh on I-78 in Bethel PA. Sound familiar? He also mentions his SW station, which is the long-silent WMLK. EJOM is also long-silent, having died in 2010y, but sounds quite lively here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1510, August 4 at 1158 UT, ad endorsement from someone with ``Sports Radio 810``. That fits for KCTE Independence MO, as it`s axually at the same studio address in Overland Park as WHB, so a sub-station of it; no LAH, so is KCTE now on-frequency? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)