Re: [IRCA] OT UHF Yagis

Karl wrote:

>>Highly recommended is the Channel Master 8 bay bow tie. It has a lot
of gain. it is light with a low wind profile. It is broader than a Yagi
and not susceptible to fading. It's bandwidth is appropriate down to
Channel 7. Highly recommended. It's what I use.<<

Thanks Karl. A couple more questions. Would one antenna do well enough
or should I add a second and make it a 16 bowtie? Can they be stacked? I
have never used a Bowtie antenna before, just Yagis. It could be the
Yagi is too directional to find the swwet spot too. I had thought of
that. Down to Ch 7. that is great, if I get ay VHF skip. I have detected
signal on Ch 13 (Seattle) but never strong enough to lock. This is with
the UHF Yagi 91XG.

>> Use the pre-amp and some good co-ax. Very most important: Find good
height, keep trees and brush out of your pick-up path, and search for a
sweet spot. UHF is really spotty and unpredictable.
You have to walk around, antenna in hand, and find the spot where your
signal
is the hottest.<<

I had wondered about the height of the Yagi. With the bowtie, carrying
it and moving it around may be easier too, by looking at the TV set. I
plan on buying a portable TV Set that has a digital tuner. I wonder if
most brands are equally sensitive or are some brands better? My
knowledge of the OTA digital signal is limited.<<

Much appreciated. I'll let you know how it all works out. Currently I am
using RG6, about 50-60 feet of it.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin