From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Oct 8, 2012 11:37 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] TP Oct 8, 2012  / Victoria version

It was a pretty unusual morning Gary, good solid aurora.   The
difference between my reception and yours on the coast was probably
the strength.   These here really sounded like DX....barely there,
fighting for recognition.

On my 828 unID, it appears quite possible that it was Radio
Trackside, as per the network's website, they are supposed to run
until 4AM NZ time.   If my arithmetic is correct, using UTC+13, that
translates back to 1500UTC, so my 1400+ reception could quite likely
have contained racing.  I wasn't fast enough on the draw to find the
webstream, hi.

best wishes,

Nick