Re: [IRCA] Closing in on WAV?

On Tuesday 04 September 2012 00:31:08 Jim Renfrew wrote:
> It took a long time to get my first VT station, and it finally turned up
>  as  1390 WDOT Burlington at 9:55 in the morning in 1987.  That was 13
>  years after I started DXing in Rochester, and how long it took to receive
>  a signal from an adjacent state.  WFAD is now VT #14.  Interestingly, VT
>  would probably be my best shot at logging an entire state, since it looks
>  like there are only 20 MW stations  there.  WAV - worked all Vermont!

Shouldn't that be HAV (or HAVT?), since "working" implies a two-way link?
Anyway, this topic is an interesting one to me, since I've tried to
"complete" some nearby states and provinces on the AM band.  I did manage to
complete VT a few years back, and I've also heard all of the AM stations in
RI.  I'm missing one station in NH, two each in CT and ME, and three each in
MA and NY.  On the Canuck side of the border, I've completed ON and PE
(before their AM station count went to zero), and am missing one each in QC,
NB and NS.

Due to steadily rising noise levels, it's unlikely that I'll improve on these
stats. :-(

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON