[IRCA] Re KHMO and DX alerts

I posted the one and only tip on this one, and word came through that my post to these lists led to the broadvaster being immediately alerted to the situation. So that even a couple minutes later, when other DXers tried for it, KHMO was gone. My first instinct was to sit on the fence, and I still understand the desire to let a friend in the industry know immediately when something is awry. But I think this poses a dilemma for those of us who do post tips - and compared to the total number of list subscribers, those of us who post alerts are extremely few in number. If I post to a public list such as this, the risk is that by doing so I am potentially putting the kaibosh on the DX opportunity. This is not what my intent is when posting alerts. And it stands to make me think twice about where I post such alerts in the future, or whether I post them a few days after I have privately alerted a few people who I know to be interested in chasing a signal such as this. Is this reall!
 y what we want?  I realize that we can't and shouldn't dictate what people on the lists choose to do with the information. And I am also sensitive to a broadcaster or engineer, on this list or even not on this list, who may cringe at the thought their signal is getting out improperly. And I have absolutely no problem with someone alerting an engineer a day or more afterwards. I've done that myself with stations *chronically* having signal issues. But this experience re KHMO creates a dilemma for me, and the only way I can see resolving that dilemma is to find another, more discreet way to alert DXers who I know will want to chase the signal. Someone help me work through this one... Saul