[IRCA] Gabriel Annunciating on NPR

Hi All:

Thought that subject line would get your attention.

WOSU AM 820, Columbus,  is gone, apparently permanently.  I noted WVKO 1580 running a continuous loop inviting its listeners to tune to the "New permanent home of St. Gabriel Radio, AM 820."  The new call on 820, as I heard it, is WVSG and the regular WVKO programming is all there, including the usual EWTN shows and Vatican World News is on 820.  There is no indication of what the new programming on 1580 will be, though having recently invested in a power increase w/new transmitter & towers, I think it will stay on as something.  There do not appear to have been any other changes in Columbus radio, though the 920 is almost never heard here.

In other news, after being off all day, WLGN, 1510, Logan, popped on just after 1600 w/its usual oldies format.  I have still not heard them carry a local spot since they switched to oldies, though I did hear them running a car spot for a dealer in Middleport, just two and a halr counties and about 55 miles of twisting, hilly roads away, so perhaps WMPO is offering joint buys for both stations.

73
David

. Fettilooppiantenni avuksi, jolloin tälläkin vastaanottimella olisi saanut raportoiduksi. Sangean ATS909 oli Degeniä paljon heikompi USB-vastaanotossa, liekö yksilöllinen ominaisuus. Sangeanilla ei kuulunut mitään ilman lisäantennia. 73! JTS - - - Jari Savolainen wrote:
Muistutuksena teille, jota asia ehkä kiinnostaa,
info via DSWCI DX-Window, thanks Anker.
JSA
-------
11092.5 USB, R St. Helena Day 2009 (RSD) will be on Sa Nov 14 as usual.

published by Michael Stutz at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/dsl.html