Re: [IRCA] Local Radio Is Getting Tuned Out.

Re: [IRCA] Local Radio Is Getting Tuned Out.

Every June, I take a car from Virginia and drive it across the country...for fun...I drive it for a company that hires drivers to "move" cars. Besides seeing the country from the seat of someone else's car...I get to listen to local radio and I move from east to west, north to south.

This past June, I took a car from Orlando to Seattle and not one CD was used...it was AM local radio all the way...and what a great way to learn about the country! It would be a shame if I was in Iowa and could not listen to "Trade-io" or in Sedalia, MO and not listen to the funeral viewings for that night...or McCook Nebraska with the elementary school lunch menu, or the ads for local mom and pop restaurants...this is America...and to lose local radio is like losing a part of our culture. I sent an EM to Clear Channel and told them I was taking all of their DC/Northern Va stations off my car radio! Fat chance they will respond, but I sent them my two transistors worth!!

George in Virginia