Re: [IRCA] CKNX

CKNX  920 kHz  Wingham, ON, Canada

Dashboard DX last night (Sat, April 16) on New Jersey Turnpike in central
NJ.  Very strong and steady signal and loud audio between 2220 - 2235 EDT.
Country music, promo "CKNX Taking You Home" and spot for the "Cowboy
Loft."
CKNX is supposed to be 1kw at night.  Wonder if they were on their 10kw
day
antenna.  The signal was strong enough to stop the bandscan on my radio.

I'm about eight miles from WHJJ-920 and in the middle of their 5kw night
pattern.  When I null them, CKNX is right there and strong.  Since CKNX
should drop to 1kw with the null sort of in this direction, they shouldn't
even be listenable.  They've been on their day pattern as long as I can
remember.  I did mention it to the C.E. of WHJJ, but Clear Channel doesn't
usually bother with complaints, especially out of the US.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI