Re: [IRCA] Working on the problem

Using the two loops on the same frame will degrade the performance for the MW portion and probably the SW portion as well. This is because the proximity of the windings pretty much ensures that each will 'see' the other and therefore the resulting patterns will be somewhat skewed and the nulls likely reduced.

I've used two air core MW loops in my basement shack - one 4' the other 2' for over 20 years and found that I needed to keep them about 4' apart in order to minimize unwanted interaction.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>