Re: [IRCA] Testing New SDR software

I think that Brett hit the nail on the head when he said about "seeing" the
band.  This was the pivotal change for me, when I can, at a glance,
immediately see whether conditions are good or not.  I often just have my
Perseus running in the background without audio.  I can see the MUF
clearly.  Who is open.  Whether there are any TA signals propagating.  When
I momentarily went back to using my AOR 7030+, it was as if I was blind
(reminded me of that old joke about a blind man feeling an elephant and
describing what he was feeling....totally dependent on where he happened to
be).  The visual effect gives me a HUGE advantage in DXing.  I would never
and hours of SDR files.  I sure don't at home, anyway.  I reserve these for
my trips to my DXpedition cottage way up north.  Now, when conditions stink,
I can continue to explore those files all I want.  I know of at least one
very distinguished DXer who does just that....rarely listens at home, but
goes on DXpeditions, and then spends months digesting the SDR files
afterwards.....Walt