Re: [IRCA] Cable connectors

I seem to recall that 'back in the day', Gordon Nelson was concerned about keeping the feedlines from his loops as short as practical for the application. Realizing that his recommended feedline was car radio cable with the original center conductor removed and replaced by insulated #22 or so ( with the braid soldered together on each line about every foot ) I wonder if it is in fact possible to get what you're aiming for.

I don't recall the specific electrical and/or magnetic characteristics of that type of feedline vs. coax, but perhaps that too has some relevance here in that he eliminated using coax for a specific reason, which alas I also don't recall.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id