To: <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 790 Black gospel likrely Bamberg SC > ON

On Friday 03 September 2010 08:02:30 Saul DX wrote:
Heard jazz later in the wee hours, around 5 am. Would suggest Bamberg SC.
 If it was them, would be a relog here in Toronto, probably from decades
 ago (but would be new if I'd been at Burnt River). Wonder if at 1000 day
 as opposed to 500 night. If them... Atlanta (with Cuba there also) got
stronger as night progressed (I woke up a couple times to check). Nothing
 else of interest noted. Aside from Coast to Coast and a Cuba Relog
 sneaking past my local CJBC on 860...

I set up to record 790 overnight after seeing your message. Can't shed any
light on the unid, though.  My big problem is semi-local WTNY, whose
directional night pattern is aimed right at me. For the record, I did hear a bit of gospel music, and also Fox sports, but no ID for either one. I also
heard the jazz at 0500, again with no ID.  Reloj was in the mix, and also
WSGW with Michigan and Detroit Tigers mentions, and quite a bit of fuzz from
WBBM's IBOC.  The only noteworthy ID was seldom-heard WPIC at 0605.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON