Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 11-25... Deep Sleep

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 11-25... Deep Sleep

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your comment, and it's nice to know that 558-JOCR was coming in
for you this morning from 1525-1535.

Actually I need to admit that I never even tuned that low this morning  :-)
 While DXing in the foggy back yard with the experimental PVC  loops, as
usual I concentrated on the frequencies with the best chance  of receiving a
new TP (which in this morning's case, proved to be hopeless). The  recent
sunrise TP peaks here in the valley have all been very short (around 15
minutes) so it's always a wild scramble to find something interesting before the
band folds.

558 kHz has usually been occupied by HLQH (and its KBS2 program) for me
this month, and apparently for Nick also. I haven't even heard JOCR on the
frequency all month, so I'm kind of surprised you had them. After I  received
HLQH for a new TP logging in late October, JOCR hasn't showed up  here even
once. This was in great contrast to September and October, when they  were a
daily regular TP.

73, Gary

In a message dated 11/25/2009 10:26:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi Gary,

Did you catch JOCR this morning on  558? They were in 1525-1535 UTC for me
over here in "East Puyallup", at  about a 7 on the 10 scale. I noted very
little else, though. 738 was in  weakly but I couldn't tell if it was Taiwan
or Tahiti.

Guy  Atkins
Puyallup,  WA
http://fivebelow.squarespace.com