Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 10-14-- Barely Average

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 10-14-- Barely Average

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your comments. Despite the fact that Puyallup is quite a
mediocre DXing location, the 9' box loop has certainly been a real thriller  since
I deployed it on October 3.

The general TP bearing direction is around 310 degrees, so I usually set
the loop facing that way when I start DXing each morning. That bearing  seems
to work well in general, although sometimes I need to change the loop
bearing to null out a pest to the north or south (Vancouver, Seattle or
Portland), leaving a bearing less than optimum for TP chasing, but still
acceptable for splatter-free reception.

The 9' (side) loop has received 8 mew TP's for me since it was set up on
October 3rd, including several that I had never heard at Grayland. The
dimensions and construction are detailed in the PVC Loop article posted on
_http://www.dxer.ca_ (http://www.dxer.ca) , _http://www.am-dx.com_
(http://www.am-dx.com)  and the Yahoo Ultralightdx  site. If a DXer has a decent back yard
(and tolerant neighbors), this $52 gain  monster may be just the trick for
exciting DX.

73, Gary

In a message dated 10/14/2009 9:33:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
nhp@xxxxxxxx writes:

At 16:22  10/14/2009, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Like Dennis and Colin  reported, TP propagation may have been slightly
>better this  morning, but not by much. A general scan of the band (on the
9'  box
>loop) looked like this:

Judging by what you're hearing compared  with the rest of us Gary, that 9'
box loop is doing very well  indeed.   What direction do you have it
oriented?

Nick

original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA,
its  editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org