Re: [IRCA] TA's found inside BOG last night

Re: [IRCA] TA's found inside BOG last night

Gil,

When I use BOGs for TA's here from the upper midwest, I typically aim somewhat north of my great circle paths to them, but I agree that you'd (Savannah GA) be better served by aiming somewhat south of them. In both cases the goal is the same... to have the TA's still basically in the BOG's main beam, but to have the huge pests that come from the eastern USA..ie typically NYC down the side of that main beam. If you lose a dB or two on the TA signals, but 10 to 15 dB on the pests, your ability to copy audio from TA's goes way up.

If your beach is very wide or if the road or path to it is available, you may wish to run due east and really try to trash both NYC and Cuban/Floridian QRM. Due east sb good for Mauritania 783 (is usually ona bit past 0100)as well as Sao Tome 1530 and Benin 1566 (both come on at 0300 I think)

73 KAZ Barrington IL/Grafton WI