Re: [IRCA] TPs for 24Aug09: DU all the way (but late)

Re: [IRCA] TPs for 24Aug09: DU all the way (but late)

Hi Walt,

Your DU morning enhancement certainly continues for a much longer duration
than the watered-down version here. It must be related to the salt water
environment of Victoria, compared to the solid rock of the hills around
Puyallup (including the southwest direction).

 This morning only 738-Tahiti made it to modest audio  (1255), although
612-4QR and 639-Fiji were pretty close to threshold level  at the same time.
The DU's followed their typical pattern here, going from weak  carriers at
1245 to moderate strength at 1255, only to fizzle out by 1305.  This strange,
ultra-short DU propagation has been observed during four  of the last seven
days here, so it must be the regular August situation in  this
hill-surrounded valley (when using some large passive loops).

73, Gary

In a message dated 8/24/2009 6:50:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,