[IRCA] 1710 kHz I-5 Highway 12 search (Format in Plain Text)

[IRCA] 1710 kHz I-5 Highway 12 search (Format in Plain Text)

Hi Group,

My wife mentioned that she would buy like a new set of dishes, I suggested we drive to the Factory Outlet Mall
in Centralia, WA about 75 miles North of here.  Of course the radio was tuned to 1710 kHz and nothing was
heard.  On the way back I suggested we head East on highway 12 and head towards Yakima.  Got within
20 miles of Yakima and nothing heard on 1710.  Took the 410 to the 123 and passed Mt. Rainer.  Saw a
black bear cross the road and 20' snow drifts at the 5,000' Plus summit of the highway.  Coming back down
highway 12 towards I-5 we almost hit a deer on the highway.  It was dark once we got back on highway 12 headed
home, so I thought the 1720 Russian station might be heard.  The two hour drive back home nothing was heard on
1710.  Tried the e100 and space magnet on the 4,000' summit on highway 12 and nothing on 1710.  That was
around 7 pm.

Got home at midnight and the 1710 station is in on the slinky antenna which is in the N-S direction.  Signal fair
at best, mostly weak just above the noise.  To late to set the ewe up in the NE direction, will try this Saturday
evening.  Hoping someone fines this station.

Best regards,

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA
JRC 545 & Slinky antenna N-S