Re: [IRCA] Corner fed loop: was TP for 24 Jan from Victoria, BC

Re: [IRCA] Corner fed loop: was TP for 24 Jan from Victoria, BC

Nick,

I notice the splash, too, with the corner-fed loop, and it does seem
stronger than on my flag. The main advantage I see with a corner-fed loop is
it can null all my locals (no phasing required) when oriented just right. I
heard that a flag is optimized for a real impedance (~950 ohms) with the
imaginary portion (Xc and Xl) at zero due to the center positions of the
feed and termination points. For a corner-fed loop the feedpoint impedance
would have more imaginary component which would have to be tuned out. Even
so the antenna performs really well for this QTH.

Next weekend I'm going to convert the NW Flag over to a corner-fed loop with
dual-termination NW/SE. Hopefully that will be an improvement, if not, an
experiment.

Anniversary "weekend" this weekend so won't get back to DXing/computer until
next week.

73,

Chris Knight
Fort Lupton, CO