Re: [IRCA] QSL #3,000-KFBX 970

Thanks John.  You are right, there were several of the old timers that
got to 3000 MW QSLs and beyond. But as you said, it was much easier in
the past.  Of course, the first name to come to mind is Ernie Cooper
with 4500. Arthur Cushen from NZ had 6500 SW QSLs and 3000 MW,  I
believe.  Most of the older DXers that were avid QSLers got to 3,000
many years ago. Today, it is a constant battle to obtain QSLs. Not an
easy task as you know. That is why it is such a wonderful experience
when a station goes all out to send you a QSL card & letter as KFBX did.
Unfortunately so many DXers have given up QSLing. There used to be so
many more. Martin Foltz does a weekly QSL newsletter (e mail) that is
very good. It gives us names and info. Anything that helps. I am sorry I
wasn't at the dials as much the past few months like I have been in the
past, but I think I obtained a bit of burnout. It happened to me once
before back in the 70s when I spent more time on SW, FM, & TV DX for a
few years. So we all go through things. Marriage, raising children, etc
has had an affect on QSLing and DXing for some too. Later on they get
back into it. But I'll be DXing MW and QSLing for the rest of my life. I
love the hobby way too much to ever give it up.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager